Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My favorite poet right now

Alanis Morrisette is my favorite poet right now. Tonight, this song spoke to me. The lyrics don't do it justice and you miss out on a beautiful flute piece at the end........but it still speaks. If you get a chance, listen to the real version.

that I would be good even if I did nothing
that I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
that I would be good if I got and stayed sick
that I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

that I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
that I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
that I would be great if I was no longer queen
that I would be grand if I was not all knowing

that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

that I would be good even if I lost sanity
that I would be good
whether with or without you

4 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger dave and kate said...

I have always really liked Alanis and her lyrics. She is a great poet!

 
At October 11, 2006 7:42 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

What great words! I want to hear the song!

 
At October 18, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger annaelyse said...

i just saw your photos on nate's website...BEAUTIFUL!!!!

 
At October 18, 2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Thanks! It was fun doing that photo shoot. :-) Some of the pics are a little goofy - but that's me! :-) I don't think I can make without laughing. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home