Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Still here!

I know I haven't posted in ages. I've had little things to say, I just never got around to it. First of all, several people have asked me - yes, I liked the football movie. Invincible was a lot of fun and I even followed the football references. Of course, now that the pro season has started -- fantasy football is all I'll hear about during lunch. Oh. Yay. (there some dripping sarcasm, in case you didn't catch it.) :-) :-)

Star Trek turned 40 today. Thanks, Mom, for introducing me to Kirk, Spock, McCoy and the rest of the gang.

And finally! I bought my plane tickets to go visit my sister today! They were CRAZY expensive, but she and bro-in-law are TOTALLY worth it. Christmas in India. It has a nice ring, don't you think?

3 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I'm thoroughly excited that you enjoyed "the football movie." I see it as a jumping off point for you to baby step your way into enjoying college football (much like your baby steps years ago into the love of coffee). Case in point: last weekend. Your mere presence in the room while we watched the game was a baby step. Don't you feel encouraged?

 
At September 09, 2006 12:03 PM, Blogger alethea said...

Dee, be encouraged. I grew up going to the Sooner's games and love to take in a Wildcat rumble anytime someone has a free ticket (hint*hint)....but Fantasy Football is beyond my reality zone! I don't get it!

 
At September 09, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger dave and kate said...

Good thing you're not here in Naples Dee...as we HAVE a Fantasy Football team so it's the main topic of conversation in our house! :) Football does take baby steps...but once you get a team that you start to enjoy it's a lot of fun! Great way to meet boys too. he he....

Love you!!
K8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home