Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Sittin' on the couch with Posey

I just wanted to give you a quick update on my vacation. It's been a blast! I'm currently sprawled out on my brother and sister-in-law's couch with their dog, Poe. (She's so pretty...) I've eaten great food, looked at some beautiful art, rested, seen some beautiful Florida scenery and watched the entire Lord of the Rings extended series with David and Katie! It's been a great time.

One thing that's kind of strange is that it feels completely normal to be here. As if I just live an hour away and could pop over at any time. I hate to think that I'll be leaving tomorrow and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to come back. (Part of that is probably fueled by the fact that this is the third time I've visited in the past year. I doubt I'll be able to do that again...)

I wish I could give you pictures, but I don't own a digital camera yet. That will probably be my next big technology purchase, but I've got to save up! Do any of you have suggestions? Good cameras? Cameras to stay away from? What is worth the money and what is a dumb extra expense?

1 Comments:

At July 31, 2006 3:18 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Sounds like it's been fun and refreshing. I'm glad. Life here has been nothing similar. I'll have to catch you up on the Crazy Life of Blythe. Are you still planning on being in my neck of the woods soon?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home