Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Joining the eBay generation

Well - I'm late to the party, but I finally bought something on eBay. :-) I have looked for random stuff there for years, but have never been sufficiently motivated to bid. However, I recently found a RePlay machine with a lifetime subscription for SIGNIFICANTLY less than I paid for mine. If I bought it, it would double the amount of harddrive space I have. Well - I took the plunge. It was so fun to have the winning bid. (Although I find it interesting that we say "winning." Does that make it less like "buying?" I think not.)

It came yesterday and I spent some time setting it up. It works perfectly!! I can even record things in the living room and watch them in the bedroom. If you don't have a RePlay or a TiVo...it really does completely change the way you watch TV. I can't imagine going back to the ancient days of the VCR. It sounds silly, but I love my RePlay! :-) :-) :-)

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Congrats! That's a big first!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home