Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Nevermind...

Okay, so it turns out - we didn't lose FOX. My program guide is just completely messed up. It's listing all the shows for the Wichita station as if it were a "My Network TV" station (which it says it is...) But, the shows are actually FOX shows. I recorded Fashion House tonight, hoping it would be Vanished. It was. So, the Cox people aren't idiots -- it's the program people who don't have it together. Oh well, at least I'll get House tomorrow. :-) :-)

4 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 4:18 AM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

"As Wichita Falls, so falls Wichita Falls." (had to slip that in there from The Ice Harvest movie :)

It's no wonder everyone hates cable companies. Hope you get the shows you want...

 
At September 26, 2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Mom25 said...

I'm a "House" watcher. Course I love the guts and stuff but I also like that stinky personality of Gregory House's. Probably because I think I would like to be more like that (well maybe not really - I don't know - I kind of admire people that can just say what they are thinking, haha) I do also like all of the "solve the crime shows" and the CSI's used to be my favorites but how many different ways can you discover a dead body??? Maybe I'm just getting old or the shows are getting old??? I'm also still an E.R. watcher. Every new season I think I won't watch it but I just can't let it go for some reason. The hospital thing I guess. I haven't tried out many of the new shows (you know me and change)and there are a few that look good but I have to juggle things so that I'm not sitting in front of the TV every evening - all evening. As it stands right now if I pick up a new show I'll have to drop an old one. Well, so much for my TV watching expertise!!

 
At September 27, 2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your library thing

 
At September 28, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Steve, I left a comment on LibraryThing for you. E-mail me with your questions...I'll try to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home