Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Ummm...my channel disappeared!

Well, as of this morning, we no longer have a FOX affiliate in Manhattan. That means House, M.D., Bones, Vanished, 24, Family Guy, Justice, The O.C., Standoff and any other show on FOX...is NOT HERE. Instead of KTMJ, FOX 43 out of Topeka -- we now have KMTW, My Network TV out of Wichita. This is showing some experimental English telenovelas, Desire and Fashion House.

I e-mailed my local Cox Communication contact and guess what they told me?
"Dear Mr. Anderson:

My TV is the new fox station."
First of all, I love the fact that they think I'm a man!!!! (I sincerely hope that it was automated, otherwise I think a monkey replies to these e-mails.) And, please -- don't insult my intelligence. I wouldn't have written you if "My TV" was actually the new FOX station. It does happen to be owned by the FOX network, but it's a completely different set of programs! Agggghhhhh!

I'll write about the new season of TV when I'm less irritated at my cable provider...

3 Comments:

At September 25, 2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

That is an atrocity!!!! Can't believe it.

 
At September 25, 2006 5:08 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 26, 2006 3:56 AM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

Maybe they thought you were Neo and you're living in the Matrix. Keep an eye out for Agent Smith there, Mr. Anderson :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home