Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The New Season Cometh

This week begins the marathon of new shows for the fall season. I'm guessing that I'll be doing a lot of viewing on Saturday. :-) My week is pretty crowded. I'll try to give you a recap of my favorites as soon as I get something written up.

So far I've been watching new episodes of House, M.D. and Bones. I enjoy both shows, but not with the fanatical passion I reserve for The West Wing and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. While Joss Whedon has left TVland for the delights of the new Wonder Woman film...Aaron Sorkin is back! Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is definitely the show that I most anticipating. Aaron Sorkin and Tommy Schlamme are the dynamic duo of television, in my opinion. (Not to mention the show has Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry. (Though, I confess, I sorta wish they were playing Josh Lymon and Chandler Bing. That'd be fun...) :-) :-)

Take care, and I'll catch you on the flip side.

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 6:36 AM, Blogger annaelyse said...

I could not agree with you more. A close second to george on grey's, josh is my fav. tv character. As always, it was a joy to see you yesterday...

 
At September 21, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger dave and kate said...

Hey Dee!
What did you think of Studio 60? Or maybe you haven't seen it yet!
Hope all is well!
love, k8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home