Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Doctor Who 2006

So I finally watched the Christmas Special episode of the new Doctor Who series. It was awesome. I really like the new Doctor, played by David Tennant. That's not to say that I didn't like Christopher Eccleston -- I did, but I think the new guy is going to be terrific. I like his chemistry with Rose.

There is just something about the humor in Doctor Who that I enjoy. And there is also something genuinely scary about it for me. I know, everything looks a little cheesy, but the show keeps doing these faceless bad guys. Somewhat terrifying. The first episode from last year had mannequins that came alive. Genuinely creepy! (For some reason, I'm creeped out by mannequins...especially homicidal mannequins. I wonder why?) :-) :-) Anyway - thumbs up for the new Doctor. Looking forward to more.

2 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I have yet to see any of these new Dr. Who episodes. I saw most of the old series. Do you have them on DVD? When is it on?

I hate to say it, but your coolness is inversely proportional to your enjoyment of cheesy, British sci fi.

 
At February 13, 2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Yep - I've got to agree with that - although can I add other British comedy to the mix? Fawlty Towers, anyone? :-)

As for the new Doctor Who episodes - you've got to download it. It's going to be on the Sci-Fi channel soon and then it will be out on DVD. But until then - bit torrent is your option. I've got some options for you, just let me know if you're interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home