Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Other people's blogs

Sometimes I just like float around the net and read the thoughts of others. I found an interesting blog tonight. It's by Pauley Perrette. She plays Abby Sciuto on NCIS. I was drawn into her world for a few minutes. Pauley P Dot Com (If you are looking for a blog about working on a television show -- this isn't it.) I liked that she uses the same template I do. Kinda feels homey to me. She expresses herself in poetry. As someone who thinks in prose, it's nice to read a very different style.

If you are looking for a blog about working for a television show -- check out Jane Espenson's blog. Jane Espenson.com Jane used to write for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Tru Calling and The Gilmore Girls, and now she is on Jake in Progress. She has always been fairly candid about working in Hollywood.

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Thanks for the blog recommendations! I took a quick look at Jane Espensons'--will definitely bookmark. Looks fun! Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home