Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

In other news...

There is an interesting development on the TV front. UPN and the WB are merging. Yes - The Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars are going to be on the same network! (More importantly -- I will finally be able to see Veronica Mars on my TV instead of my computer!) The combined network will be called "CW" and have programming from both networks. Honestly, this sounds like a good plan. After they merge, the new network be have coverage over 95% of the country, including affiliates. That's a significant increase, especially for UPN. The new programming will start in the Fall and I hope it works out. (As long as they don't mess with The Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars or Smallville!)

4 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 4:09 AM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

This is interesting news. It could be good, as long as they don't mess up the good shows. I'm left wondering what this would have meant creatively for Whedon and company had Angel and Buffy still been on the air of those two networks...

 
At January 26, 2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Mom25 said...

I was just bumbling through your other posts and I needed to tell you that yes, you are in fact, way more intelligent than most anyone I know, you are also such a REAL person and not unreachable with your intelligence as so many are. The right "smart guy" just has not come along yet! Oh, by the way, I have a blog now! haha

 
At January 26, 2006 1:32 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

HI Mom25 - I'm so glad you are posting!!! I can't wait to read your blog and hear about your every stuff. :-) Please give a huge hug from me to your family! I love you
Dee

 
At January 28, 2006 12:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am totally pumped about this!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home