Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

These are the voyages...

Remember when I went on the rant about how expensive Star Trek TV seasons were? I had a sneaking suspicion that the DVDs would get cheaper. With The X-Files releasing their early seasons for less than half of the original cost, I knew Star Trek couldn't be far behind. The rich, die-hard fans have already purchased their seasons for over $120 a pop. Regular people like me can't even begin to afford that (and I spend an inordinate amount on DVDs!) Anyway - the first three season of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine are now available for $50-55 per season. This is MUCH more reasonable. It's still a little pricey, but I think I am going to use any Amazon gift certificates I earn from my Visa card for these. That knocks $25 off the total cost and makes them well within my reach. Yay!!!! I ordered Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 1 with the last two certificates that I had on hand. I am looking forward to settling in with Picard, Data, Troi, Sisko, Bashir, Odo, et al.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home