Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Saturday, January 28, 2006

First thoughts on the Fall TV Season

Well - I'm starting to hear some good buzz about a few shows for the fall TV season. The one I am most excited about is an untitled project about life backstage at an "SNL" type sketch comedy/variety show. It will star Matthew Perry (reason enough to be interested), but the real news is that it is written and created by....wait for it....Aaron Sorkin! Sorkin is one of two men in entertainment that I will watch anything they do. If they wanted me to watch a show about their grocery list, I would. (The other is, of course, Joss Whedon.) Aaron Sorkin is the genius behind Sports Night and the first four seasons of The West Wing, as well as A Few Good Men and The American President. Anyway - I'm looking forward to more about this show.

4 Comments:

At January 28, 2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Hmm...cool. I might add the Palladino team and maybe Rob Thomas as a close thirds...

 
At January 28, 2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

You're right. I agree with the Palladinos and Thomas. What did you think of Veronica Mars this week??

 
At January 29, 2006 1:27 AM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

I hadn't heard of that new Matthew Perry show - but if the genius behind the brilliant but criminally under-rated Sports Night is behind it, I might have to check it out...

PS - Cool...my blog made your sidebar links list. I have been ensconced in a fellow blogger's HTML. That's a first for me - I feel so honored :-)

 
At January 30, 2006 7:21 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

It could be good....I loved Sports Night but never really got West Wing.

So, I have hopes for it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home