Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Fellowship of the Ringless

Here is an article by Camerin Courtney. I've been enjoying her perspective on singleness lately. She is a balanced writer and I appreciate that so much. (Sometimes articles written about singleness can get very lopsided -- "oh woe is me!" or "life is a happy circus! Whoo Hoo!!") :-) The title of the article caught my eye, of course, but then I went on to read a nice reminder. I like the idea of being part of a fellowship. I think we (singletons) often think that being married is a special club to which we don't know the secret handshake. Somehow those people get to have a life that I don't have. But that's just not true. There is a fellowship and camaraderie in being single. Sometimes it's nice to think, "Hey, I'm still in the cool club!" :-) :-)

1 Comments:

At February 02, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I received this article today as well. Yes, we are in the "cool club!" And you are most definitely in mine!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home