Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Watch Serenity online

Hello Everyone - just in case you were still wavering on whether or not you should go see Serenity (you should) here are the first nine minutes of the movie online. It's streaming video (I prefer QuickTime.) I warn you - you'll want to see the rest. :-)

The beginning of Serenity

I am having problems getting the clip to play smoothly, but hopefully the server will adjust. I wish that it was the next ten or so minutes of the movie that you could see. That might be my favorite part. Joss does an amazing "one-er" that introduces you to the cast and the ship. (A one-er is a long moving shot without cuts, usually done with a Stedi-cam. Joss is somewhat famous for them.) This one-er involves seven different scenes and the entire set of the ship. All without a single edit. It's awesome.

1 Comments:

At October 08, 2005 10:37 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the link. I wasn't sure if I would go see it, but now I'm motivated. You should get royalties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home