Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Friday, September 30, 2005

The Gospel - I love this trailer. I'm not sure how the movie is going to portray church and the good news, but I think I'm going to like the music. (Kirk Franklin is part of it.) I'll definitely find this one if it releases here.

North Country - this is a piece of history that needs to be seen. I think it will be an uncomfortable movie to watch, but probably very good. (Also - I wonder if Sean Bean will die at the end?...)

Casanova - talk about taking liberties with history...although - actually that's part of the whole Casanova story anyway, so I guess it's par for the course. :-) This looks fun. I'm a little bit wary because of the "R" rating. I would be much more likely to see it if it was rated "PG-13."

Nanny McPhee
- Huh. I'm not sure what to say other than "huh?" This looks really interesting and maybe really fun. I love Colin Firth, Emma Thompson, and Angela Landsbury. But I must admit that Emma Thompson's makeup scares me a little! :-)

1 Comments:

At October 04, 2005 11:33 AM, Blogger alethea said...

I'm voting for Nanny McPhee and The Gospel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home