Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Trailers

The Greatest Game Ever Played - I know nothing of golf history, but this might be nice...

Capote - I haven't read In Cold Blood and I know more about Capote from Harper Lee's description of Dill in To Kill a Mockingbird, but I like Phillip Seymore Hoffman and this could be good.

Bee Season - Apparently, it's the season for spelling bee movies. This was based on a book that I've picked up several times, but haven't purchased yet. :-)

Lord of War - Nicolas Cage, lots of guns and big explosions...what more could you ask for in an action flick? (okay - another Die Hard I would have been nice...) :-)

Brokeback Mountain - this controversial film just won top honors at the Venice Film Festival. It stars Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal as cowboys in the 60's who fall in love. It's based on a short story by E. Annie Proulx, who wrote the screenplay with Larry McMurtry (Lonesome Dove). It's directed by Ang Lee (Sense and Sensibility, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Hulk). I am interested to see how this does at the box office. Excellent cast, excellent director, and excellent writers. We'll see what the public thinks of the topic.

2 Comments:

At September 12, 2005 3:53 PM, Blogger alethea said...

Thanks for the trailer food! I will taste the goodness after class tonight!

 
At September 15, 2005 3:06 PM, Blogger alethea said...

Wow! I can be so moved my movies. It looks like I'll need to buy a season pass to one of the stadium seats at our theater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home