Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A few trailers

I've been suffering from serious bout of bronchitis the past few days and have spent a lot of it in bed. I'm planning on a bigger update soon. For now - here's a few trailers for your enjoyment.

Good Night and Good Luck - The story of Edward R. Murrow and Senator McCarthy. It's a film by George Clooney. Looks good. I like the choice of black and white. It sets me back in time, even though life obviously happened in color - television did not. From what I understand - much of this story played out on television. I wonder if the technique will work.

The Serenity Movie site. If you click on the flash site - there is a somewhat complicated site. I thought the graphics were pretty cool. It's more than I've seen for a movie in a long time, not counting Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

The Prize Winner of Defiance, Idaho - Interesting. I'm curious about the picture of marriage that this is going to give in the end. Is there a lesson learned? It's a "true story" -- what impact will that have on the message?

Proof - For some reason I enjoy movies about math and science, even though actual math and science are not my favorite things. (I don't think I have the patience...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home