Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Runaways

I recently heard that Joss Whedon was going to write for a new comic book series. Since I'd never heard of it, I figured I'd better get caught up. (As my faithful readers know, I'd read Joss Whedon's laundry list if he published it.) So - not knowing what I was getting in for, I ordered Runways Vol. 1. Wow. It's the story of six teenagers who find out that their parents are supervillians. How would you feel if you found out at sixteen that your dad was Lex Luthor or the Green Goblin or...the Joker? These children/teenagers decide to run away and try to make up for their parents' misdeeds. I'm only halfway through, but it's quite a good story. I can't wait to see what Joss does with it. He so great with the teenage angst. This story just drips with angst.



On another note - Tomorrow is the start of NaNoWriMo! I'm ready to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home