Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, April 10, 2006

My garden so far...


Here are a few pictures to help you see the task at hand! :-) This is not even close to finished. (Although I think I passed the half way point sometime Saturday afternoon!!) :-) :-)

This is a view of the yard after the first pass with the rototiller. There is about 400 pounds of composted manure in little piles.







Here is what it looks like now. (The monster machine is in the garage...) It needs about two more passes with the tiller and then a thick layer of mulch. I hope to have the roses planted in about two weeks or so. I'll post more pics when it's further along!

P.S. - The dead redbud tree is on the schedule with the landscaping company to be replaced. Someday I'll have a pretty tree!

4 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I agree with LYC -- you're Wonder Woman! Should I call Joss? :-)

It's looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At April 11, 2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Looks good! I'm jealous. I love roses -- we had some in California.

 
At April 12, 2006 9:10 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

I love the pics...great work! Can't wait to see the finished product!

 
At April 13, 2006 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work! We'll be returning several of our DVD series shortly :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home