Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Friday, March 24, 2006

Doing laundry on a Friday afternoon...

Blythe just left. She drove away, and I am sad. It was such a refreshing week, having her here. We didn't do a lot, but it spoke to my heart. In fact, I think I needed the days of quiet and not much going on. Life has been pretty intense for a long time and I feel that I have been constantly on the go for several months. This week has been a time of waking up later, staying in my pajamas for several hours, hanging out at coffee shops, talking, and watching DVDs. What rest!

Last night, several of my friends surprised me with a party for my faux birthday! (My real birthday is next Thursday.) It was so fun to sit around and chat with people I don't get to see that often. Friends - thanks SO MUCH!! Shelley - you are an awesome host! (Those spicy caramels are just f.u.n.) :-) :-)

It's been a good week. I hate to see Blythe go and I hate to think of going back to school on Monday. For now, I'm looking forward to two more days of break and then. . .back to grindstone for two more months. You know, I'm grateful that my job has beginnings and endings. I can look forward to June as an ending point and August as a beginning. There is something in me that really likes the anticipation.

Okay - this has been a random collections of thoughts, brought to you by Jill Pole. Have a wonderful weekend. . .

3 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 1:00 AM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I am home (yes, I got home at 12:30am!). I am sad to be home. Time with M.K. was delightful, refreshing, and thought-provoking. Thank you for letting me partake in your refreshment, dear friend!

 
At March 25, 2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Mom25 said...

You have friends that would make great members of the "Do Nothing Club." Hurray for lots of rest!

 
At March 25, 2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time and were able to relax. Praise God for sweet friendship!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home