Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Star Wars TV Show

Well - this is interesting news. There is probably going to be a Star Wars TV show and this article says that it is guaranteed at least 100 episodes. I have never heard of this kind of commitment before. To put it in perspective - it usually takes a show four or five seasons to produce 100 episodes. Does this mean that the distribution company will have to pony up for five seasons at the beginning? Wow. I don't know if this is going to happen. Although, Star Wars tends to be a money making gold mine. . .there is a difference between going to a movie on a Friday night and sitting down for a TV show every week. The show is going to have to prove that it's worth it for an audience to stick around -- even for Star Wars. What if the audience decides it's more The Phantom Menace than Empire Strikes Back? Food for thought.

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Mom25 said...

I will have to get your cousin on this question. Being the Star Wars junkie that he is he should have a pretty good opinion. On another note, he recently purchased a CD of Curious George sing-a-long songs. What's up with that??? haha

 
At March 24, 2006 9:10 AM, Blogger dave and kate said...

Mom25 - I have a feeling that the soundtrack to the curious george movie actually is pretty good because I heard that Jack Johnson did most of the music. By the way, I need a link to your blog.... can you post it as a comment on my blog? www.andersonhizzie.blogspot.com.

Jill Pole - Let's hope that the tv show leans towards the "Empire strikes back" side. Here is my ranking of all six star wars movies:
1. Empire strikes back (Episode 5)
2. A new hope (Episode 4)
3. Revenge of the Sith (Episode 3)
4. Return of the Jedi (Episode 6)
5. Attack of the Clones (Episode 2)
6. Do I have to put The Phatom Menace on this list? (Episode 1)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home