Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

sad and worried

Terrorists set off bombs today in the city my sister lives in. They are fine, but I'm still worried. Mom and Dad are going to be there this weekend. One of the bombs went off in the train station and was targeted at the train my sister is going to take on Friday. (It's the busiest train out of the city.) As far as I can tell, ten people were killed at a temple and five at the train station. There were other bombs in the city, but the authorities found them before they exploded. At least sixty people were injured. I guess it just makes all the anger and violence in the world a little closer to home.

I miss my family.


...

6 Comments:

At March 07, 2006 7:35 PM, Blogger Marilyn said...

Just discovered your site.
Love that you are into literature and not ashamed of discussing God and his place in your life.
Will check back from time to time and stop by my blog when you get a chance...

Marilyn
http://2homes2lives.blogspot.com/

 
At March 07, 2006 10:53 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I'm praying for you and your family, my friend.

 
At March 08, 2006 3:59 AM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

I'll send up a prayer for you and yours too, and hope things go well and are safe on Friday.

 
At March 08, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Mom25 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 08, 2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Mom25 said...

Well I don't know how I managed to delete my comment but here goes again. I SOOOO enjoyed our visit on Saturday.

You wouldn't be your Meme's girl if you didn't worry just a little. I miss them too. Guess I just like us all under one "roof." They will be fine. God's hand is right over them. I love you poop-deck!

 
At March 08, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

We heard about the bombs when we got back to Nairobi. We were so glad to have email from your brother-in-law that they were all safe. We know Who is keeping them in His hands.

I miss you, too!

Hugs, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home