Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Trouble in the Scanner

If you are interested in animation or the film making process, here is an interesting article on Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly.

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2006 1:18 AM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

Thanks for the link, that was an interesting read. I like the line of one early reviewer: "a retarded monkey tracing with his gnarled feet onto wiggly parchment." That's pretty creative :) The trailer looks good - I just hope the animation style doesn't get on my nerves after a while of viewing, 'cause the story sounds solid. I was surprised though to find out it had been moved to July 7. It's going to get buried in the middle of summer (can you say Superman Returns? Ironic that the Superman wanna-be Neo will get box office buried by the real deal :) Oh well, that knocks my list of March movies I want to see down to 7 :)

 
At February 27, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Mom25 said...

Hey, here's a good one for ya!!! Someone e-mailed me this FAIRY TALE. Here goes:

The Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a girl asked a guy "Will you marry me?" The guy said, "No."

And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, to the movies with her girlfriends, always had a clean house, never had to cook, never had to put the lid down and farted whenever she wanted.

The End.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home