Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Interview with the Beast




Here's a nice little interview with Kelsey Grammer, who takes on the role of Hank McCoy (the Beast) for X-Men 3. My hopes are getting a little higher each time I read something about this. (I started out with fairly low expectations, so we'll see...)

6 Comments:

At February 25, 2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

Interesting. I keep hoping this will come out right. When I heard they cast Grammar as Beast, I thought it was absolutely brilliant. This sounds like they may have a good grasp on his character.

3 more months to go :)

 
At February 25, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Yep, I thought the same thing about Grammer. I really think he'll do a great job. I love the character of Hank McCoy. When I learned that Singer had left, my expectations tanked. But the buzz seems to be pretty good. I just wish the whole thing wasn't so rushed. (and that they had hired Joss Whedon, like they should have!)

 
At February 25, 2006 7:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm much more excited about the movie now. It's easy to miss the quality of actors in this cast. 3 of them are trained as Shakespearean actors, if I'm not mistaken.

 
At February 25, 2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Yes, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Grammer. Not to mention Anna Paquin and Hugh Jackman. Good cast. :-)

 
At February 25, 2006 10:55 PM, Blogger Heather said...

This picture scares me.

 
At February 26, 2006 12:20 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Just think of him as Frasier, with a strange make-up job. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home