Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Okay, maybe Keanu won't be so bad...

This is the new trailer for A Scanner Darkly. Looks very interesting. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this for a while. It's based on a Philip K. Dick story. Always a good recommendation in my opinion. Doesn't mean it'll be good, but the source material was, so there's hope. Unfortunately, some dumb investment bank or something ripped off the technique in their commercials. It makes the movie look like a knock off of the commercials, instead of the other way around. Dumb commercials...

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

Watching this trailer looks like reading a graphic novel on acid. Which may be the point. I think the story is about drug use, so the visuals will certainly have an impact on telling a view of that. I'm interested in seeing the movie (in spite of Keanu's presence), just cause it looks so different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home