Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

God is amazing!

I have to share a small detail from today. In my last post, I mentioned telling a story to my practicum class. The story involved the wedding of my dear friend, Lisa. We were very close in college and although I think both love each other deeply -- we haven't talked in awhile. It's not a rift or either person's fault, just one of those life things. We are both very busy women in very different places and haven't touched base in awhile. Telling the story of Lisa's wedding and my emotional response to a few things that happened there reminded me how much I missed my friend. And guess what - when I got home from work today. . . an e-mail from Lisa was waiting for me! We haven't talked in at least a year and a half and she writes two days after I've had a pretty intense time talking about a significant day in her life. God is amazing. I have no doubt that he prompted her to write.

So Lisa, if you are reading this -- I've missed you, girlfriend, and can't wait to hear about your life!

P.S. - I should mention that the sad stuff from that day wasn't Lisa's fault! (It sorta sounded like she did something. She was awesome that day and a very radiant bride!)

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

That's wild!

 
At February 22, 2006 5:20 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

I'm thankful for how God prepares us. Just imagine how much more ready you were to receive her pursuit considering you named the hurt, and allowed people to grieve with you, etc... I'm amazed at how God arranges things perfectly. What a gift it is when we can get to see it. It's beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home