Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Trailers

Winter Passing - You know how there are actors that you will go see any movie they are in? You just like them and trust their judgment enough that you know you'll probably like it? Will Farrell is the opposite of that for me. If he's in a movie -- I don't want to see it. I really can't stand his work. (Except the cheerleader on SNL. For some reason, I laugh.) Anyway - this movie looks like it might be an exception. I really like this trailer.

Unknown White Male - Looks like an interesting film about memory and identity.

Illusion - Interesting. What if your life was a movie? and not a comedy... This looks like it might have something good to say about our choices and choosing to love others.

The Sentinel - I like a good action thriller. This might be one.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Eaglewing said...

Winter Passing looks a little slow for me, but it does have Zooey Deschanel in it, so I might check it out. The jury is still out on Will Ferrell, but Ed Harris is usually good in whatever he does. (ever seen The Third Miracle? An intriguing film regardless of your personal views of faith or Catholicism, and an excellent performance by Harris. Don't read the last review on Amazon before you've seen it though :)

I'm not one for documentaries as a rule, but that Unknown White Male looks pretty interesting. I hadn't heard of it before - thanks for the link.

And speaking of trailers, don't forget the new one for X3 debuts tomorrow night on Fox during 24, though I'm sure it'll hit the web soon after...

 
At March 06, 2006 10:21 AM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Okay, so I'm thinking Winter Passing looks good. I do like Will Ferrell is a great actor actually. I just happen to hate what he chooses to do. This one looks good.

Unknown White Male...fascinating. Will definitely have to check it out. I think the possible question it's asking is one worth examining and having the conversation about.

Illusion...wow. Do you think it will be playing in KC while we're there? Maybe we can catch it. Again, this story fascinates me for the mere fact that I've always wanted my life to be a movie. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home