Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Didn't want to wake up this morning...

I don't think I have EVER been as sore as I am this morning. I spent yesterday wrestling with shovels, dirt, and a very large rototiller. I also put 1000 pounds of manure in my new garden. Yes, 1000 pounds. I actually had to deal with that several times, as there wasn't anyone to help me load it and then I had to get it off the truck into the garden. (Mom - it felt like that day we lifted the ton of tile.) However, I've got a good start on the garden. I need to take at least two more passes with the tiller and then I think I'll be ready to plant. Although it was back breaking, I feel like I've really accomplished something. It's a nice feeling!

BTW - my friend Patrick let me borrow his VERY BIG diesel truck to move stuff around yesterday. It was a lot of fun driving around town in that. I looked at all the tiny little regular pickups and laughed at their tinyness! :-) :-)

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2006 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate manure.

 
At April 10, 2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Mom25 said...

I heard a garden guy on TV say that banana peels are good for roses.

 
At April 11, 2006 2:09 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

Oh, my! I feel your pain, and rejoice in the expectation of beauty! I know it feels good to see the fruit of your labor. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home