Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, December 12, 2005

2 Trailers

Mission: Impossible 3 - Here is the new trailer. Looks fun. I have enjoyed these movies, although I really hated the story in the first one. It's just not really Mission:Impossible. How could they make Jim the villain? It never made any sense to me. If I think of it as a stand alone story with nothing to do with the original...then I like it. The second one was so-so, but Dougray Scott was the villain and I like him. Anyway - this could be good. Phillip Seymore Hoffman looks pretty creepy. And J.J. Abrams is the writer/director. He's the guy behind the first two seasons of Alias. Can you imagine a better person for Mission:Impossible? I thought not. :-)

Miami Vice - Okay, all I got to say is, "huh." I really don't know what to say. I didn't watch the show when it was on TV (too young) so I don't have any nostalgia for it. I like Jamie Fox and Collin Farrell is a hit or miss actor for me. Anyway - this looks like a lot of guns, fast cars/boats, and bikinis. I won't be waiting in line, but I thought I'd put it up on the blog for those of you who might have watched the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home