Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Trailers

Take the Lead - Okay, this movie I am looking forward to! It has several of my loves, including teaching and dancing. Teaching dancing to tough kids. Wow. Anyway - I'm there; Shelley - you up for it?

Annapolis - At first glance, this is not really my type of movie. But, it might shape up to be something I'd enjoy. Even if it doesn't -- it certainly looks like my dad's type of movie! :-) It seems to be all about leadership, inspiration and not giving up in the face of hardship. We'll see.

Hoodwinked - Normally, I'm not a fan of animation. I don't know why. I tend to like them if I sit down and watch, but I rarely decide to sit down. Anyway, this one seems fun. I like stories that take a weird twist on a well known tale.

The Break-Up - It's a romantic comedy. Usually, I like romantic comedies...even if they're bad. I just like them. But, I'm not really sure I want to watch one about a break up. Even if they get together in the end. The trailer makes the people seem really mean to each other. Since I'm still friends, or at least friendly acquaintances, with most of the people I've dated in the past decade - this just seems sad. Why are people so mean?

1 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 11:30 AM, Blogger alethea said...

My two favs from this list are HOODWINKED and TAKE THE LEAD. I just hope they didn't show all the good scenes in TTL. I cracked up with the turtles in HW! Good picks! I'm there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home