Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, October 31, 2005

What has happened to books in my life?

I blocked off some time on Saturday morning to lay down on my living room couch and read. This used to be my absolute favorite thing to do in the whole wide world. Reading was my passion. I still love it. Love words. Love characters. But something has happened. I find myself wanting to re-read books I have read many times, rather than seek out something new.

Oh - my faculty meeting is starting in a few minutes. I'll return to this idea ASAP. There is something I want to explore here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home