Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Return to the TV Meme

I haven't done this in awhile, so I thought I'd give it a shot. (I'm taking a quick break from writing a paper. The paper currently sucks mud.) Remember - the following is from "TV Tuesdays." I only answer the questions (in purple font.)

Week 10 - Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...

Jay Leno once quipped when he was alone in an elevator his mind always reverted to the lowest song he could think of: "Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed..."

Love them or hate them, TV theme songs stick with us for years! If you're stuck on some lyrics, click here for a comprehensive page with words I never even knew existed. (Who knew I Dream of Jeannie had lyrics???)

On that musical note:

1. What is your favorite TV theme song?

Well, right now it's the theme song for Smallville. "Somebody saaaaaaaave me!" :-) Over all? maybe Angel, Beauty and the Beast, or Dallas. Dallas is the only show that I watched for the credits and never actually watched any of the show. (It came on after The Dukes of Hazzard. Another good theme song...)

2. Which song drives you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote?

I'm not sure I watch any shows where I don't enjoy the theme songs. I guess "The Beverly Hillbillies" song gets on my nerves. So does "The Brady Bunch."

3. Which song are you proud to say you remember (most of) the lyrics to???

Growing Pains - gotta love B.J. Thomas! "As long as we've got each other..." I actually can't recall another obscure show to which I remember the words. There are several that don't have any words and to which I can remember the tune -- The Waltons, Remington Steele, and I might even be able to pull off Airwolf and Magnum, P.I. if I thought about it...

Thanks for playing, and remember:

"Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home