Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's Thursday...

and I'm counting my blessings. Sunday afternoon was a great time. Little Chair, Sven (my code names for my sister and bro-in-law) and I sat down for three intense games of Settlers of Catan (Cities and Knights version). We each won one game. How fun is that? Then Little Chair and I went on a long walk. She's amazing and I love her.

I found out that my paper was postponed a week.

Church was awesome.

A student that I was struggling with has had a major attitude change. I literally dreaded having this student again this year when I saw his name on my class roster. Due to a few circumstances I won't go into, he has had a change of heart and attitude recently. I pray that the change is permanent, but even if it's not -- I'm enjoying having less tension in the classroom.

I had a great conversation with someone this afternoon that was encouraging in a strange sort of way. (Sorry, that's just going to be cryptic.) Then, I had a great dinner with a friend.

Tomorrow is a prep day at school. I have to work, but there will be no students -- lots can be accomplished! :-)

I'm grateful for the blessings in my life. Thank you, God, for remembering me.

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2005 12:24 AM, Blogger The Bearded said...

Glad things have smoothed themselves out. I'm sure you will miss Little Chair (and her you), but am thankful that you had the opportunity to spend some time together before she departs.

May your good fortune continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home