Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Agggghhhhh

It's Sunday morning and as I was checking my e-mail before church, I got a tad overwhelmed with life. So -- I thought I'd just rant for a second. You can send me a little cheese to go with my whine if you like. :-)

Anyway - the biggest thing is that my sister is leaving TOMORROW. She and my beloved brother-in-law are headed to the other side of the world indefinitely. They are moving there. Not vacationing. Moving. I hope to visit in 14.5 months. That's a long, long time. Anyway - we are going to be hanging out today and I am so grateful for this time. But I'm also very unsure how to process this loss. I love my sister. Very much. It's been so awesome having her nearby for the past few years. I realize that e-mail is here and even webcams...but it's not the same as being able to sit down for a real talk with hugs.

In a much smaller scale - I was at a conference for most of the weekend, and I have a paper due in class tomorrow night. I also have to lead a Department Meeting after school tomorrow, and grades are due on Friday. I'll be in Overland Park all day Tuesday for an education luncheon. I actually don't think there are enough hours in the day. (And I've got a few personal issues that I am trying to work through and understand. I almost forgot that part...) But you know what? Today is for my little sister and her hubby. Everything else will just have to wait.

Anyway - I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed and I don't like living life like that. Life should not be a series of crisis and high drama. There is time. There is energy. And when there's not, often it's not as critical as I think it is. Okay, whine over. You can return to your regularly scheduled programming...

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2005 11:41 AM, Blogger alethea said...

Jill, so much on your plate...I am glad we sit at the same table! The company is good!

Yesterday (at NH) provided such a wonderful opportunity to enter for a moment in to the vision that your little sis and hubby have. They are such grace-filled people. I can understand why you would miss them terribly.

As the months pass by, let us know when you feel that burden, ok?

 
At October 20, 2005 10:54 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Hi Little Chair -
I love you and miss you more than I can say.
P.S. - Dave, if you are reading this...call me! What's up with the hurricane???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home