Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Two new blogs

There are two new blogs that I've discovered. The first one is feeding the weird desire I have to be a construction worker. I know, I'm an English teacher -- you can't get much further from construction worker... But there is something in fixing things and building stuff that I just love. I love painting and doing electrical work and seeing something created. My dream is to someday build a house. Anyway - here is The Housebuilder's Bible EXTRA. It is an extension of The Housebuilder's Bible (which I am assuming is a published book.) Anyway - I've been enjoying looking through the blog. It's sort of a British DIY for home building. If you don't understand British phrases and money, it might be a little confusing.

The second blog is the one that inspired my thoughts on the ratings system. This is The Movie Review Diary. Very cool site with movie reviews. I've been inspired to watch a few and am looking forward to Good Night, and Good Luck.

2 Comments:

At October 31, 2005 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up!! Construction worker! I've known you for over 13 years and you never fail to surprise me! Ha!

 
At November 03, 2005 8:35 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Anne!!! Diana misses you! How did you like this first ep of Veronica?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home