Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Take a look

I just have to share this with you. I love this house. Okay, not to live there -- I wouldn't be able to breathe after ten minutes inside. But, these people have gone crazy with adapting their house for their cats. It's pretty cool. One thing I love is that it's so creative. And has quite a bold use of color. I love color, but I'm not that bold. In some ways, I wish I was! Anyway -- enjoy The Cat's House.

I certainly don't think that pets should run your life, but it looks like these people have just had a ton of fun! :-) I love the idea of living in an ever changing art project. Unfortunately, the practical side of me keeps whispering, "Resale value. Resale value." Oh well, a girl can dream...

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 11:01 PM, Blogger alethea said...

this cracks me up...we've got to make sure Julie sees this one!

 
At November 16, 2005 9:18 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I think this may be one of the craziest things I have ever seen. These people LOVE cats!
I just kept thinking, "Oh My."

 
At November 17, 2005 6:42 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Yep - that was my response too..."Oh my.." I kept saying, "I can't believe they did that!" I think the thing I like about this is that they had foolow through. I often think of cool projects, but maybe 2% of them are actually finished. I love that they had a vision and then executed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home