Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Friday, December 09, 2005

How did I forget this?????

Here is the trailer for that Clark Kent movie that Bryan Singer is making down under...

Superman Returns

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2005 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or did the voice-over in the trailer sound a little Messianic?

 
At December 11, 2005 9:12 AM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Yep - Messianic...(And sort dead-guy-ish...) :-) No disrepect meant for the late Marlon Brando. The voice-over is part of the work Brando did for the original Superman movie with Christopher Reeve. I like the way that Singer is fitting the new movie into existing cannon. He's even been talking with the Smallville guys. The stories won't be mesh, of course -- but they are trying to keep from stepping on each other's toes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home