Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Replay victory!

My brother and I were able to set up the Replay last night with the help of a very nice man in customer service. I have never talked to a tech rep who was as helpful as the Replay guy was. Wow. Talk about inspiring loyalty...

I tried it out last night, but I am really looking forward to giving it a workout this summer! :-)

Two more days until Serenity!! :-)

4 Comments:

At May 24, 2005 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Enjoy the recording madness! :)

 
At May 26, 2005 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for brothers!! At the risk of sounding completely lost in the world of "old ageism" explain what is so great about Serenity?!?!?

Also, looking back over your older posts - I remember the gold couch -but didn't it come down through your lineage somewhere??? Oh the things we used to think elegant and lovely when in newly wedded bliss! Unfortunately after 25 years I still have some of those kinds of things in my house!

 
At May 26, 2005 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just spent some time browsing through you blog. I noticed the "plea" for leaving comment so you know there are readers out there. I'm here...I'm intrigued. I really enjoy the links to what you're talking about. I'm not a big computer/internet user. I am, however, a big tv and movie watcher. I will definately be back.

 
At May 26, 2005 3:48 PM, Blogger Jill Pole said...

Hi Aunt Susan and anonymous person!

Yep - the gold couch belonged to a relative -- not sure which one. Mom would know. :-)

I hope you enjoy reading the blog. If there is anything you would like me to focus on - just ask. I try to respond to comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home