Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

EPIC

Several weeks ago I came across an eight minute Flash movie created by Robin Sloan and Matt Thompson. They are journalists who give us a "future history" of media. The conceit of the piece is that it's a documentary made in 2014, looking back at the recent history of media. Very interesting. Click here and then click on one of the mirrors. I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts. I already get almost 100% of my news online, do most of my shopping online (a large percentage from Amazon) and am about ready to switch to TiVo. Hmmmm. It's thought provoking... Snarkmarket is their blog if you like their perspective.

1 Comments:

At May 16, 2005 12:45 PM, Blogger alethea said...

Our viewing of SNARKMARKET came up when I had lunch with your parents in Wichita on Saturday. I hope I did a sufficient job explaining the clip and visionary ideas to them. Thanks for keeping me updated on the cutting edge in so many ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home