Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Replay frustration

This is just a quick post to express my frustration! I need to rant at something... :-)

I arrived home yesterday evening exhausted from a very long and busy weekend to find my Replay machine waiting for me! I was quite excited to do the "easy setup process" and record something! Of course, I had to go buy a part at Walmart (an Ethernet cord) and then after spending probably an hour on the setup process, I couldn't get the machine to recognize my internet connection. Not only that, something is wonky in the connection between my cable box, the Replay machine, and the TV because now I have lost all the cable to the TV. (It still works in the rest of the house.) Anyway - I'm sure there is a simple solution, but I was far too tired and frustrated to figure it out last night. Maybe today.

My brother, sister-in-law and sister are in town this week and we are going to see "Revenge of the Sith" tonight. (They haven't seen it yet.) I'm interested to see if my opinion changes after a second viewing.

TTFN

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2005 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be patient. I had to reset my router before the Replay unit would recognize it. When I had problems, the other thing that helped was unplugging the Replay unit from the wall for a minute to reset it as well. Hang in there, it took me a hour and a half to get it to work as well but once it did, it was great.

 
At May 24, 2005 12:12 PM, Blogger alethea said...

Grrr....I was so excited to bring that Replay box inside for you this past weekend! I knew you would be putting it together ASAP. I'm sure you'll figure it out in no time at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home