Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Trailer

Peaceful Warrior - something in this one is pushing my buttons. I'm not sure what. The metaphor of the warrior is a powerful one. We use it a lot in talking about following Jesus. Images of life as a battle are common. I'm interested to see how the metaphor applies here. Especially in regards to peace. It looks like it might be a little more than your average sports triumph movie.

3 Comments:

At April 21, 2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Newsandseduction said...

interesting blog!

 
At April 22, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

"I call myself the peaceful warrior because the battles we fight are on the inside." What a line! I'm excited to see this!

 
At April 22, 2006 9:22 PM, Blogger Rick said...

me, too - saw it today, right there with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home