Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Home Theater questions

So I went to the audio store today to get some information on home theater systems. Boy howdy - I could shell out some change! These things are not cheap. I don't need a Rolls Royce, but I don't want a Pinto either. Apparently the "home theater in a box" is a bad way to go, but I'm not sure the guy at the stereo store is the best source of information! :-) Any thoughts? How much should I budget? My hope is to have a system that will give me a slight shiver when I hear the TIE fighter race by. Can I do that on a budget? Just sending the question out into the cosmos...

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2005 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got the surround sound in a box and like it. You can hear the cars go across from one speaker to the next or hear a backround/subtle noise in a far speaker and not know for sure if it was the movie or the house. You can come check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home