Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Firefly mini-marathon

Yesterday I got together with some friends to watch four hours of the far-too-short series Firefly. For those of you who haven't seen it - get up out of your chair *right now* can go rent the first disk! (You'll probably buy the set at that point.) :-) The thought behind our marathon was to introduce new people to the series. It actually ended up to be people who had already watched most of it, but who cares? We were all up for it again. :-) (If you are interested, we watched the two part pilot, "Our Mrs. Reynolds," and "Trash.")

I had forgotten how perfectly balanced the humor and drama are in Firefly. Once again, I must acknowledge the genius that is Joss Whedon. Although I can't help wishing that someday, some character he writes will be happy! I know it's a pipe dream - Joss is all about "all misery, all the time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home