Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Woo Hoo!!

My roses arrived today! They look great. I wish I could post a picture, but I'll have to borrow my roommate's camera or wait 'til my parents get home next week. (Yes, next week!) The roses are spending the night in my garage, due to a slight chance of frost tonight. I'll put them outside tomorrow and then probably plant them on Saturday. My muscles are going to be crazy big because I've got to dig 2' X 2' holes for each of them!! (Okay, maybe I'm just going to be crazy sore...) Apparently, the roots can only grow into the soil as far as the original hole. So if I want the root system to be healthy, the hole has to be pretty big. Anyway - soon they should be blooming and I'll have flowers...

I think what I really love about this project is that it doesn't matter how much work I do, it's God who causes the roses to grow. If this turns out beautiful, it's because He created it. I hope that this flower garden turns into a love letter from Jesus.

3 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 11:04 PM, Blogger Blythe Lane said...

I hope it's a love letter from Jesus to you every time you look at it! I think it's so cool to see your passion develop into reality! You're inspiring me, friend.

 
At April 27, 2006 3:38 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I can't wait to see it all in person NEXT WEEK!!! I love you!

 
At May 02, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Chris said...

The roses are blooming at the KSU gardens now. They were certainly "afire with God."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home