Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Loving my Mac (need to organize my money)

The past few months have been a fun adventure for me of discovering the world of the MacBook. I have been a devoted PC girl since the mid-80's. (Mom - when did we get our first computer??) Although I never learned to program or do much with hardware - I was competent with PC software. I was comfortable and able to do pretty much everything I needed to with my not-so-reliable PC.

Then an interesting thing happened. My roommate bought a MacBook last year. A whole new world was opened up to me. I had no idea that computers could be so intuitive and simple. She could do all kinds of fun things on her MacBook that I couldn't even begin to do on my PC. The most obvious of these was build a pretty and functional website. After several months of thinking (and quite a bit of laptop jealousy) I took the plunge.

I've been enjoying my MacBook for a three months, and I can't imagine ever going back. I've turned into one of those snobby Apple people who gush over things like "widgets" and "Tiger vs. Leopard."

All of this to say - I'm on a hunt for a good personal finance program for the Mac. Right now I'm looking at Cha-Ching and iBank. They both have free trials, so I'll probably play around with them and see which I like better. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I need the program to handle budgets, credit cards, multiple bank accounts, and split transactions. (That's the downside of Cha-Ching. No split transactions.)

I'll get back to you with my reviews when I make my final decision.

2 Comments:

At July 03, 2007 8:53 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

Our first computer was a Franklin, which was an Apple 2c compatible. That was about 1980 or so. I moved "up" to a PC based on what K-State was using the most, and have had several different ones since then. Right now I'm on my 3rd Dell and the next computer I get will most definitely be a Mac. There are more and more business programs being developed for the Mac and they are getting more and more affordable.

 
At August 28, 2007 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might check out the new iWork. It has a new program called numbers that might fit the bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home