Shadow of the Real World

A few musings from Kansas by a high school literature teacher. Over the past few months, this blog has turned a commentary on media. I will probably continue to focus on film and television, but books and music might sneak in... By the way - If you would like me to post on a regular basis - please comment, even if it's just to say, "Hi." If my audience disappears, I lose the motivation to write! Thanks!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

As many of you know, Manhattan was hit with quite the ice storm this on Monday and Tuesday. I only lost power for about five minutes on Tuesday, but much of the town is going on the second day without heat. My mom, dad, sister, bro-in-law, and niece have joined me and my roommate at our house. It's been quite the party! :-) Of course, we are having fun holding the baby, but I'm sure they will be happy to go back to their house. I thought I'd share a picture from my backyard. Remember - this is a house with no loss of power, internet, or cable!
Yep - those are all limbs from one tree. Shelley and I kept hearing limbs breaking all night Monday. (Several hit the roof!) I started hauling them out to the curb this afternoon, but didn't get very far. My cable line is tangled up in one limb, so that one is staying where it is! (I still have cable and don't want to mess it up!) :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home